Building the Future of Vancouver Island
The Vancouver Island Building and Construction Trades Council is the voice of the 5,000 union construction workers throughout the cities, towns and villages on Vancouver Island.
Our purposes are to:
- Promote the industry for the advancement of all affiliates and their members;
- Develop and advance apprenticeship training through cooperation with federal and provincial agencies, trades colleges and union Joint Training Apprenticeship Committees in traditional crafts;
- Promote and develop safe work practices in the construction industry;
- Develop and foster partnerships with our communities, employers and customers;
- Participate in legislative activities that promote building and construction trades unions and their members;
- Promote and develop strong, fair and meaningful labour/management cooperatives; and
- Assist and cooperate with other recognized Trade and Labour Councils.